Thursday, November 22, 2012

 
 
"I process through words, verbal but especially written. My friends and chosen family (including some of the bio ones) are the recipients of my verbal processing. But my wordsmithing feels like a public act, and like it has to be public. All words are political, and as such, language can & should be utilized in our struggles for freedom as weapons, tools, aid & mutual aid, inspiration, and intervention.

"George Caffentzis noted nearly a year ago, at a verbal processing of loss and death among a community of friends, that capitalism privatizes everything, including death. I'm not sure whether he said this or not, but that means capitalism steals everything from us, or tries to, including our emotions and ability to process, and particularly in public, communal, transparent ways.

"So here I go again, putting words out into what I probably shouldn't honor with the word "public,"...... Or rather, word-pictures. And on this day when I wanted to simply forget for a bit - and in a few minutes, I'm off to try to do just that with dear friends over good food, conversation, and drink (with thoughts of other dear friends in my heart). Because one can, as I'm finding both forget and remember at the same time, and remember to savor the joy of every day even as one stays present with an anarchistic "one-day-at-a-time" way of working through hard decisions, which too have glimpses of unexpected joy, despite the grief.

"As my dear West Coast friend/family Harjit Singh Gill
knows too well, I'm not a big fan of traditional, homogeneous, non-self-chosen holidays. But one of the few holidays my bio-family always celebrated, along with my cousins and lots of friends was Thanksgiving, with food, games, mayhem, overlapping conversations, and many many jokes. Everything in my family's home when I was growing up was childlike mayhem, so it's hard to take seriously that it was "Thanksgiving" per se as much as an excuse for just adding more people to the quirky mix.

"Every person and every cousin in my family is doing something different this year, in small groups. I just spoke with my mom, who had a small Tday "brunch" with her best friend at an assisted living place she moved into three months ago, yet her pleasure, love, and happiness couldn't be quelled when I talked to her. I learned how to always find joy from her. And from my dad, who is still immobile in a hospital some 13 weeks after getting West Nile from a little mosquito (thanks to shifts in the climate, thanks to capitalism). My mom was about to go visit him, and I know both of them (her energetic, and him much quieter) with find joy with each other nonetheless. I fear my dad isn't going to get better. I hope he is able to die well, just as he lived well -- lived with humor, generosity, giving, and joy. Merriment, always. 

 " So ......think of my dad today, who was the main culprit for joking our way through long Thanksgiving days throughout my childhood, along with this eighteenth-century saying attributed with some folk tinkering added in to a Hasidic master from western Ukraine (my dad's family came from somewhere nearby, though all non- or irreligious Jews!): “There is nothing as whole as a broken Jewish heart.” ♥
 
Cindy Milstein
 
************************
 
Today 22nd of Nov ,as the 3rd thursday in the month November, is "Thanksgiving day", a holiday in the U.S.A!!
Supposedly, is a rememberance of the day that the white men was recieved with hospitality and given turkey to eat so they would not die of  hunger, on their arrival to the east coast (Boston,Ma) of the U.S.A,by the indigenous american(known as "American Indian" in western culture) !!
 
However, we, among the radical community in the U.S.A, call it "A day of mourning"!! Since the white man not only was NOT truly thankful for the blessings they recieved ,but rather in the days, months and years to come, set his mission to massacre the indigenous population,stealing their lands and colonizing their communities.
 
Long live the memory of the fallen indigenous martyrs
Free, the oldest political prisoner in the U.S history,
the indigenous comrade Leonard Pelletier 
 
Long live Liberty-Long live Anarchy
PaYmaN PieDaR

No comments:

Post a Comment