Tuesday, May 1, 2012


Words of George Engel accused before the Court which sentenced him to death in 1886: "It is the first time that I come before an American Court, and there in I am accused of murder. And why am  I here? For what reason I am accused of murder? For the same reason that made me abandon Germany; for poverty, for the poverty of the working class. Here, in this "Free Republic", in the richest country on the Earth, there are many workers that have no place in the banquet of life and who as social pariahs have a miserable life. Here I have seen human beings looking for something to feed themselves with in the piles of garbage in the streets."

ترجمه از اسپانیائی به انگلیسی : پیمان پایدار

**********************
Palabras del acusado George Engel ante el tribunal que lo condenó a muerte en 1886:  "Es la primera vez que comparezco ante un tribunal norteamericano, y en él se me acusa de asesino. ¿Y por qué razón estoy aquí? ¿Por qué razón se me acusa de asesino? Por la misma que me hizo abandonar Alemania; por la pobreza, por la miseria de la clase trabajadora. Aquí también, en esta “República Libre”, en el país más rico de la tierra, hay muchos obreros que no tienen lugar en el banquete de la vida y que como parias sociales arrastran una vida miserable. Aquí he visto a seres humanos buscando algo con que alimentarse en los montones de basura de las calles."

No comments:

Post a Comment